RMA Membership Renewal - 2016-2017
Dear RMA Member,
Thank you for your membership and support of the RMA over the past 12 months!!!
It’s now membership renewal time, as our membership year extends from April 2016 to March 2017.
The Year Just Past – a Great 2015
During the year just past the RMA has experienced very strong member growth. Our institutional membership category has grown by 85 percent since 2013, as financial institutions have recognised the benefits flowing to staff by being in the RMA network.
Individual membership has also been on a growth curve – with member numbers growing by just under 10 per cent, and has hit a record of 1,450.
During the past 12 months we have convened 29 events in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. We also facilitated 18 Interbank forums an increase of 29% compared to 2014 due to evolution of the Interbank Compliance Risk forum and 2 additional operational risk working groups established in 2014.
During October 2015 we conducted a Member Survey, with favourable results as shown in tables below: the overall level of satisfaction with the RMA was high (8.5 on a 10 point scale) and the overall level of satisfaction with RMA member events was high.
Highlights in 2015 were the launch of the Women in Risk series, the Young Risk Professional series and the awarding of the RMA Macquarie University Prize in Risk Management.
The Year Ahead – Exciting opportunities
At the end of February the RMA Management Committee held its strategic planning day to agree the next 12 months of major initiatives for our 1,400+ risk professional members. We are pleased to advise on four key outcomes:
- We will be revamping our monthly events around an integrating theme of ‘The Risk Landscape’ supported by four key streams.
- We will be launching new master classes on ‘Risk Managers and Ethical Conduct’ to be delivered in conjunction with the St James Ethics Centre at a very modest cost to members.
- We will be actively supporting the new course the Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance (Financial Risk Management) in conjunction with Macquarie University to commence 25th June 2016 in both Melbourne and Sydney.
- There will be no fee increases for both Institutional or Individual members (that will make it at least six years since our last increase in fees).
The Risk Landscape
Our Events will be underpinned by the need to have in mind the broad risk landscape which takes account of the major external events and changes which impact our industry and risk management. In taking this approach you will have the opportunity to attend RMA events which look at our industry from the perspective of an outsider. Expect to hear from speakers from fields of endeavour that complement or even compete with traditional capital based banking.
We will structure our events to cover the following key streams:
- Stream 1 Global trends and risk impacts – what’s new in the world – other industry learnings
- Stream 2 ‘Unquestionably strong’ – potential impacts of capital changes
- Stream 3 The risk professional of the future – defining skill capability
- Stream 4 Core program – includes traditional risk program including credit risk, networking, cyber, financial crime, resilience and remediation
Our March and April events are focused on the risk professional of the future; our May Events will have a capital focus.
Access RMA US resources
By being a continuing member of RMA Australia you will have access to the world wide risk management network via RMA USA with which your Australian body has a special affiliation. Consequently, you can access RMA research, updates on US regulatory developments, on-line learning, and download publications with copies of RMA Journal available at our monthly forums.
Renew now for just $50- no increase in fees for seventh year running
Our member fees are highly competitive because your bank/professional service provider is an institutional member and commits considerable resources to RMA's viability. In this regard we acknowledge the generosity of our larger Tier one and Tier two Institutional members who so generously host our monthly events and interbank forums.
So please click here to renew your membership and use the member login on the top right to retrieve your current details and renew for just $50 payable via your credit card.
If you require any assistance or have any questions, please contact our membership team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 0403 170 792.
May the next 12 months be good for you as a professional in the risk community.
Catherine Thrum - Chair
Richard Gilbert - Executive Director
Risk Management Association of Australia Inc
*Note, if you have renewed your membership or joined after 1 February 2016, thank you and please disregard this renewal notice.